Terms and Conditions
Security System Installation and Service Agreement is between You (‘the customer’) and Vextra Security the business of Vextra Solutions Pty. Ltd.
Vextra Security (“Company,” “we,” or “our”) will design, construct and configure (“you,” “your,” or the "Customer") the security system (Intrusion Alarm, IP CCTV, IP Intercom, Access Control) specified in your itemised Quote (“Quote”) and any related accessories ordered by you (together with any security system components the Company takes over from you or another company, the "System") and the alarm or/and CCTV monitoring and other related services ordered by you (the “Services”) for the location identified in your Quote (the "Premises") in accordance with the terms of the Security System Installation and Services Agreement Acceptance (the “Acceptance”) and this Security System Installation and Services Agreement (the “Agreement”). The Services may be provided to you directly by the Company or through any affiliate of the Company, and/or by any third party acting on behalf of the Company. For purposes of this Agreement, an “affiliate” means any entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with the Company.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Acceptance of this Agreement. You will have accepted this Agreement and be bound by its terms upon the earlier of (a) your signature on the Quote and the Acceptance, (b) your acknowledgement or acceptance of this Agreement electronically, (c) the effective date of any installation or take over of the System as provided in Sections 5 and 6 below, or (d) your use of the Services.
2. Purpose. The Company will provide you with the security system for the purpose to prevent and minimise the risk of asset loss and/or damage at your premises to the extent of the agreed and selected features, capabilities and the level of protection provided by such system. The Company doesn’t guarantee that the deployed system can’t be tempered with, removed, obstructed, prevented from normal operation or made to stop functioning at any time by you or an unauthorised person. If above has occurred the Company will not be responsible for any losses or damages you may suffer directly or indirectly as consequence of such actions
3.1 Deposit Requirement. A deposit of 50% of the agreed through quotation process cost of work will be required when the order for installation is placed. The balance is payable immediately upon completion of the work by our security specialist. The customers with medium to large commercial deployments will be permitted to settle the reminder payments in 30 days.
3.2 Accepted Payment Forms. Payment is by cash, bank transfer or debit/credit card. The following payment cards are accepted: Visa, MasterCard and Maestro. The card payment is to be completed BEFORE the security specialist leaves the property. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CHEQUES.
3.4 Payment Delays. We expect you to pay monies due promptly. If payment to us is overdue, we will charge you interest at 10% over the base rate of Australian Reserve Bank, from the date of our invoice until the date you pay PLUS a late payment fee of $120.00 Should you refuse to pay the money plus any interest and late payment fee due to us, we will transfer the payment collection to a debt recovery agent or solicitor. The additional costs of the debt collection and any legal and court fees will also apply.
4 Costs & Charges
4.1 Quote Validity. All quotes are valid for a period 14 days.
4.2 Unforeseen Charges & Variations.
The quoted costs may be revised if:
- (a) You require the work to be carried out more urgently than agreed.
- (b) You change the agreed specification.
- (c) Your premises are in some way unsuitable for the equipment and this was not apparent during the course of the telephone/e-mail conversation or there are circumstances which we should have been made aware of.
- (d) any other special circumstances that arise and we were not made aware of in writing when supplying our original quotation arose. This includes:
- Re-visits of the security specialist/engineer for reconfiguration of the system.
- Remote viewing, where the customer is responsible for the availability of a broadband internet service, a router that provides the ‘PORT-FORWARDING’ function and a public (static) IP address.
- The installation work is outside the working hours of 8.30 am – 4.30pm Monday - Friday, except holidays. Requests made by the customer to install outside these working hours will incur additional charges.
- Security specialist or engineer are asked to work outside standard practices of installations. Unless stated on the Works Schedule or we were made aware in writing when supplying our original quotation. Installs should be carried out in easily accessible areas without the need for additional labour work. This includes:
- Underground cabling
- Building work
- Removal of floor boards, Carpet lifting/laying
- Erecting poles
- Steel trunking/capping
- Exceptionally high ceilings
- Drilling through walls thicker than 300mm
- Removal of asbestos, pest, rodent, dangerous substances or materials.
- Completed multi-storey residential building without alarm or data cabling provisioned to the point of intended detector or camera installation
The above will require a separate quotation and incur additional charges as agreed by the company representatives if required. The Company may engage a third-part subcontracting organisation to perform any of the above additional scope of work unless you decide to complete this work by your own means.
Any prices quoted by Company and on this website are for installations within 40Km from Sydney Hills area. Prices are available on application for locations outside of this area.
5.1 The Company agrees to install or take over (“installation”) the System in a workmanlike manner, and you agree to pay all applicable installation and service activation charges. You must pay all utility charges associated with such installation and the subsequent operation of the System. You agree to make the Premises available without interruption during the Company's normal working hours to permit site survey/audit, measure, install, test and service the security systems. You understand that installation of the System may require drilling into various parts of the Premises, or other interior or exterior work that may require access to non-visible areas such as roof space opening, laying data cables inside the wall spaces and ceiling. You agree to provide the Company with 220 AC electrical power outlets for the Company's power equipment, if required, in locations designated by the Company. It is your responsibility to make arrangements for lifting and replacing carpeting for the installation of floor mats and/or wiring, if required. It is the intent of the Company to conceal wiring in the finished areas of the Premises, however, there may be areas where the Company determines, in its sole discretion, that it is impractical to conceal wiring. In such areas, wiring will be exposed and the Company shall not be liable for loss due to water intrusion, mould, fungi, wet or dry rot or bacteria. You must notify the Company in writing of any problems with the installation within thirty (30) days after the completion of installation.
5.2 Completion Delays. The Company is not liable if agreed completion timeframes have changed and work is delayed due to circumstances beyond its control. By signing the contract with us, you guarantee that you have full authority to allow the installation. However, the company will require a written consent from the property owner prior scheduling any work at the premises. If you are a lease holder it is your responsibility to timely provide the Company with such written authority to proceed with the new security system installation, remedy work or maintenance.
5.2 Equipment. The equipment installed belongs to the Company until the work is complete and paid for in full by you. If you do not pay the balance of the installation charge immediately upon completion of the work by our security system specialist, we have the right to remove the equipment from your premises without notice. By signing the contract with us, you irrevocably authorise us to enter your premises to remove the equipment if payment remains outstanding. The Company reservers the right to not hand over any user login information, user pin codes or other unique user level credentials for the purpose of intended use of the equipment at your premises (arm/disarm, access data, logs, video streams) till full payment is received.
5.3 Contract Cancellation. If you cancel our contract less than a week (7 calendar days) before the scheduled installation date, we will retain your deposit and we may charge you for any equipment that we have bought for your premises and charge you cancellation fee of a 15% of the contracted amount,
4.4 Handover. To ensure consistency of installation, quality and service our security specialist and engineers will perform pre- and post-installation checks on the equipment and will photograph completed installations. We will provide full on-site demonstration, user training on completion of installation
6. System Change Over.
6.1 If Company is taking over the operation of your existing System to the extent of ongoing system maintenance service, re-programming, partial or full system upgrade and various subscription services, you agree to pay all charges for taking it over. You represent that the System is and remains your property. The Company has the right to audit/inspect the System to determine that it is in good operating condition and is eligible for Maintenance/Repair/Extended Warranty coverage. The Company, in its sole discretion, may elect not to take over all or any portion of an existing System, including if it determines that they are not in good working order or will not operate with Company products, equipment or the Services. The Company will notify you of any required upgrade/repair/replacements costs related to the System. If you decline to pay such costs, the Company can terminate this Agreement without liability.
7. Service Guarantee.
7.1 The customer must notify us immediately of a fault occurring with the security system and we will repair such fault as soon as possible after receiving notification.
7.2 We guarantee that we will repair faults in the installed system free of charge within 36 months from the installation date. This guarantee does not apply to matters stated in condition 7.3.
7.3 The guarantee does not apply if we believe or have reason to suspect that changes have been made to a system/products supplied by our Company or to faults caused by the following:
- Incorrect adjustment and/or configuration by you or others of any part of the system.
- Consumable items of all kinds failing. Consumables are items with a finite life such as lamps and batteries.
- System relocation or wiring changes
- Unauthorised software updates
- By adding, connecting electronic or non-electronic components
- Work carried out by police, fire or other authorities, or by any telecommunication agency or other party.
8 Remote Access, Viewing, IT Issues
8.1 Port Forwarding
The Company will attempt to configure remote access to specified in the project hardware hosts via enabled port forwarding. If we unable to complete this task on the day of installation or handover to the customer due to IT technical issues, access rights, unsuitable platform, ISP unavailability or lack of such as Router IP address, user name and password then further charges will apply to remotely configure or revisit to complete the set up. The assigned service installation specialist will notify the customer about such difficulties and will leave the site.
8.2 Dynamic DNS
The dynamic DNS hosting is an ideal way of tracking WAN IP address changes caused by ISP on a DSL type of service which involves dynamic allocation of the IP address. The Company can offer subscription service to the customer to enable DDNS hosting for reliable remote access to nominated internal network hosts that are related to the installed by the Company security systems.
The Company cannot be held liable for client IT issues such as change of router, failed connection, change of internet service provider, re-set of router, new mobile phone, loss of settings on the router or a new operating system.
9.1 Equipment Damage. The Company shall not be liable for the costs of any work, repairs or replacement of equipment which results from fire, electrical power surge, storm, flood, accident, neglect, misuse or malicious damage.
9.2 Warranty Extent. The Company does not warrant or represent that that the operation of the installation will be uninterrupted or error free. We provide the system to assist in the security of the customers premises but does not thereby warrant the security of the property, the customer or the contents therein. The Company does not act and shall not be deemed to act as an insurer of the customers property or contents contained therein and give no warranty that by virtue of the installation of the system, the property or contents contained therein are completely secure or inviolable.
9.3 Loss & Damages. The Company shall have no liability in contract for any loss suffered and in particular, we do not accept any liability whatsoever for any consequential loss or damage (including loss of earnings or profits) which may arise from any malfunction or defect of the system
The terms and conditions given in this contract do not affect your rights under the Consumer Rights law of Australia.
10 Force Majeure
The Company shall not be liable to the customer or deemed to be in breach of Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any obligations in relation to the equipment, provided that the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond reasonable control of the Company. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond reasonable control of Company: Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident; war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition; acts, restrictions, regulations bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority; import or export regulations or embargoes; strikes, lock-outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of Company or of a third party); difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery; power failure or breakdown in machinery.
11. Applicable Law
This contract is governed by the relevant NSW and Australian federal government laws and regulations as the case may be and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the Courts thereof.